Pregnancy is a bliss for every woman. With a bundle of happiness, an expectant mother bears some pains and health ailments. If you are expecting, then you might be experiencing morning sickness. During pregnancy, there are many women who go through irritable bowel syndrome. It is natural to have diarrhea and constipation in the pregnancy months. Do you feel constipated at the time of pregnancy? Do you want to get rid of the constipation issue? If yes, then have a quick glance over the article to know about constipation during pregnancy and how you can deal with this problem.
A brief note about constipation
Do you have a regular bowel movement? Do you have a problem while passing stool? Such symptoms indicate that you have constipation. The bowel movements are not the same for every woman during pregnancy. If you do not have a bowel movement for a day, it does not pose a risk to your health. But, if you have infrequent bowel movement for days together, then it is something to be concerned about.
What triggers constipation in pregnancy?
You must be curious to know what makes you constipated at the time of pregnancy. There are certain causes that trigger constipation when you are expecting.
- In the first trimester of pregnancy, your health practitioner may give you vitamin and iron supplements which may result in constipation.
- Hormonal imbalances take place when a woman gets pregnant. The fluctuations in hormones can be one of the causes of constipation.
- If you do not have sufficient iron in your body, then you will be diagnosed with anemia. Your health practitioner will prescribe iron tablets in order to increase the red blood cells. The iron supplements can be the reason of constipation.
- When you have foods which are low in fiber and contain fats in high amount can make a pregnant lady constipated.
- Bowel movements become irregular when you do not move your body. When you do not exercise, the food cannot move through the large intestine quickly. As a result, you become prone to constipation.
How to identify the symptoms of constipation?
The symptoms associated with constipation in early pregnancy are as follows.
- If you find difficulty passing stool, then you are susceptible to constipation. The prominent sign of constipation is hard stools.
- When you stop pooping for more than two days, then you are most likely to be suffered from constipation.
- At the time of constipation, when you have the feeling of fullness after passing bowel movement.
- Constant burps and gassy tummy are the signs of constipation.
- Before pooping, if you feel cramps in your lower abdomen, it means that the waste gets blocked in the lower intestine, resulting in constipation.
Effectual tips to prevent constipation in pregnancy
To have a good digestion and to relieve yourself from constipation during pregnancy, it is best to have plenty of fluids.
A soothing massage
Relax your muscles of stomach with the help of relaxing massages. By using your fingers, you can have a light massage on your stomach in a clockwise manner.
In your pregnancy days, you can have probiotics in the form of curd. Your health care professional might also give you probiotic medicine for having a healthy bowel movement.
Have sufficient fiber:
Fill your plates with fiber-rich foods to have a smooth bowel movement.
Constipation and pregnancy go hand in hand. Follow the aforementioned tips to deal with constipation without any hassle.