The increasing mental stress due to upsurging in workload and expectations results in depression disorder. There was a time when depression was considered a rare mental health issue in adults or elders. As per the current circumstances, this disorder is spreading through you almost every generation. Even depression symptoms are also appearing in teenagers and children nowadays. The World Health Organisation data illustrates to 264 million people globally suffering from depression disorder. Depression at the chronic stage can also result in suicide attempts. Despite its so serious impacts, most of us take depression lightly. Usually, it becomes a part of our life and we realize when things go out of hands. Instead of ignoring or hiding, it’s better to find a treatment. A depressed person can seek help from rehabilitation centers or outpatient therapists. Initially, you can go with the option of an experiential therapist. There are some circumstances when we feel the need for expert help. Here are some symptoms to help in identifying.
- The behaviour of a stressed person starts changing dramatically. You can notice irritability, restlessness, social isolation and agitation symptoms. Sometimes, excessive crying also becomes a part of behaviour.
- Depression gradually changes the mood of a person by losing interest in pleasure activities. Anxiety, guilt, hopelessness, general disconnection, mood swinging and sadness are some symptoms signifying your mood is depressed.
- Sleeping disorder is also a major symptom in depressed people. Both insomnia and hypersomnia symptoms can appear in depression. Also, the normal sleep cycle gets disturbed with symptoms like excess sleeping and early awaking.
- Various cognitive reasons are also responsible for depression. Slow movement activities, suicidal thoughts and concentration difficulty the symptoms signify mental health therapy for depression.
- You may gain or lose weight drastically under the depressive circumstances.
- There are some other symptoms you may introspect such as excessive hunger, fatigue loss of appetite.
There is not a single reason responsible for the symptoms of depression. Depression occurs with the influence of our daily life routines and interactions. Some people have a family history of developing depression. However, most of the cases are related to current life situations. There can be early childhood trauma, medical condition or drug abuse affecting the lives of depressed people. In some cases, brain structure development and activeness are also responsible for depression disorder symptoms. The majority of patients facing this problem have a substance abuse history. Around 21% of people indulged in substance use experience depression symptoms. Consequently, a person becomes self-critical and low-self esteem.
Experiential Therapy for depression
Some therapists provide onsite treatment by joining a person at their workplace or home. The track the factors responsible for depression symptoms and organized therapies accordingly. Along with psychotherapy, the patient is also engaged in challenging physical activities like hiking, biking, fishing or rock climbing etc.
Rehabilitation centres for depression
In extreme conditions, depression therapists near you may not help. It becomes necessary to join a rehabilitation centre where the complete routine of a person is transformed sequence wise.
It is advisable to approach a professional of experiential therapy for depression rather than waiting for a rehabilitation call.