Bedroom is most important and intimate part of every house. It often turns out to be your personal sanctuary, a love den, a place where you can relax and unwind after a hard day of work or doing your daily household chores. As a result, it is very important that a bedroom is arranged and designed to suit your personality, style and comfort level. Furnishings are an integral part of the bedroom, and these include a mattress, a wardrobe, and a night stand. Often times, such items are propped up on a bed for practical and decorative purposes.
Nature and type
There are various kinds of mattresses available in the market to suit individual needs, requirements and budgets.
- During the middle ages, different kinds of materials such as straw, feather and wools were used to stuff them. Modern coil spring beddings have been invented only during the latter half of the 18th century.
- The different types of beddings available in the market today are Innerspring, Hybrid, foam, waterbed, Pillow top, gel, air bed, memory foam, latex, adjustable foundations.
- Ultimately the purchase that you make will depend on your comfort level and medical needs.
Tips on what to buy
In today’s day and age, you can purchase your mattresses from a variety of sources. It is important to determine your budget and needs before going shopping for them. They are as follows:
- The most conventional way to buy a bed is to visit your nearby bedding or furniture store. So take suggestions from your friend and families on which store to go to, have a discussion with the warehouse employees and if possible use the mattress once before buying it.
- You can buy your bedding from various online stores. Buy the mattress from a store which is relatively well known, talk to their customer support personnel and try to buy from an online store which has a refund or exchange policy, in case you are not satisfied with their product.
- You can also make your bedding at home. Making your mattress is a good option if you are worried about the quality of the mass produced factory made mattresses available everywhere.
Medical Aspects of mattresses
Getting a sound sleep at night is critical to keep stress, depression and various other health disorders at bay. According to doctors, a wrong kind of mattress may lead to different kinds of health disorders. Therefore, it is important to choose bedding with great care. While buying or making your own bed you need to keep in mind that it has to support your body and keep it in proper alignment in a sleeping position. Your health might suffer if the bed is too firm or too soft. According to doctors, a relatively firm bed is beneficial for patients who suffer from lower back pain.
Maintenance and Care
After you have procured a suitable mattress, you need to take good care of it so that it lasts as long as possible. The best way to prolong the life of bedding is to use a mattress-protector. It will keep your bedding safe from bugs, mites and moisture, and it will also protect you from allergies and asthma related illnesses. You can also try to rotate it from time to time so that it wears out evenly. Moreover using a proper bed frame with a strong central support will also make your bedding more durable. You can also try airing it from time to time to keep it fresh.
More on aesthetic value
Your bedroom is your personal haven where you relax, take rest, sleep and get ready to face the world and your mattress is an integral part of it. Try to decorate your bedroom in a way that soothes your senses. Use different types of bed sheets to suit your moods as well as protect your mattress from unwanted stains. You can use pillows and cushions to enhance your comfort level. Finally, harmonize all the furniture in your bedroom with your mattress according to your convenience.
If you curious to decorate your bedroom with right kind of mattress which also gives you a healthy sleep then go through this link to get detail information.