Child Custody Attorney in Houston who fights for you

Texas family law cases often involve very emotional issues such as child custody. Definite differences between parents are often what has the most impact on their children, creating turbulence and turmoil in their lives. Our professional’s custody attorney Houston understands that it is in the children’s best interest to resolve disputes as quickly and successfully as possible.

The Larson Law Office in Houston specializes in child custody law and will spend time working with you to find a resolution that fits your family’s needs custody attorney Houston.  In an instance of sole managing conservatorship, a parent is assigned the responsibility of making major decisions concerning the child. A sole managing conservatorship may only be granted if a parent’s behaviour poses any threat to the child’s well-being. 

It must, however, be explicitly pleaded in the petition of the parent seeking sole managing conservatorship that will also include an affidavit outlining the allegations in support of the most recent judgment. It is typical for sole managing conservatorship to mean that the parent with sole managing conservatorship is granted exclusive decision-making rights with regard to the child, while the other parent has restricted or supervised visitation rights.

Any parenting arrangement which is not sole managing conservatorship will most likely fall under the umbrella of joint managing conservatorship. A joint managing conservatorship is a very general term that means both parents share responsibilities and physical possession of the child. As far as the rights and duties of joint managing are concerned, there are several types, including exclusive rights, agreements, and tie-breaking structures.

Joint custody is when the child lives with one parent and pays child support to the other parent on a weekly basis. The primary conservator is the parent with whom the child lives during the week. The decision of where children should live between separating parents is not always possible. The decision may have to be made by a family court judge or jury if parents cannot agree on primary custody or managing conservatorship.

If you and your spouse cannot agree on child custody, the court will decide what’s in the child’s best interest. An amicable agreement that serves both you and your ex’s interests may not be possible if a family court judge decides. As skilled negotiators, we work with your ex’s attorney to reach an amicable solution that best serves you and your ex. It is essential that you can show that your child is a resident of Texas before filing for child custody. Your child must have lived with a parent or someone acting as a parent in Texas for at least six consecutive months before filing for custody.

Leave a Reply