The window shutters which are a part of the exterior of the house can be decorated and given a finishing touch. It gives the house a special elegance and looks distinct in quite an affordable cost. The external shutters look beautiful giving an essence of wood but do not need maintenance. The material that is used for exterior shutters is hi-tech co-polymer that will never chip or crack or even peel and blister. It has been tested that the material will never rot for many years even in the extremes of climate. The shutters are made in such a size that will easily fit your windows of various combinations.
Types of external shutters
- The continental style of shutters has been designed to suit all the applications like domestic and commercial. The fittings of these shutters can be done within the existing opening or by creating a new opening. The shutters basically protect the residents from robbery and control the temperatures as well as reduce the noise from outside.
- There are built- on security shutters that can be fitted both internally and externally. Most of the buildings use these types of shutters which have a compact roller box design and minimize the visual impact.
What are built-in external shutters and how are they manufactured?
The built-in security shutters serve a different purpose and that is it gives unobtrusive protection. It is fitted within the fabric of the building during the construction and is designed so that it blends seamlessly. There is a hidden shutter box and guide rails and is compact that is hidden behind the outer course of the brickwork.
- The two options of slat are available in different colors. In one of the options the shutters are light weight and have a good strength with insulation. These shutters are suitable for lower security applications.
- The second option that is available is manufactured from double all that is quite strong. These shutters are meant for higher security both for domestic and commercial purposes.
Features of external shutters
- The extremes of climate such as storms, hurricanes and tornados are unpredictable and at that time the external shutters prove to be highly beneficial. Since they are attached to the hinges on the exterior of the homes, one can close them as a protection from storms.
- The shutters are sometimes installed just to add to the exterior look of the house. These shutters are non-operative and only used for the sake of decoration. They a placed on either side of the windows outside.
- The exterior shutters are made of wood, aluminium, fiber glass or steel that which suits the customer’s requirements. The wooden ones are sold in an unfinished condition. The customer can later paint them as their will.
- The latest non-operative exterior shutters as an alternative to wood is the vinyl shutters. They are very popular and are easy to install. These shutters are both cheap and durable. They can be a choice for decorative shutters. It is one of the best shutters for the home project.
How much are the shutters beneficial?
- The feature of the windows is to give protection but is vulnerable as they are made of glass. The exterior shutters if made from wood, then the windows will serve as a layer of protection from rain, sun’s heat and also physical damage.
- The appealing part is that it affords you a complete privacy. The raised panel style for shutters is designed in different ways complementing the look of the house.
Moreover, the shutters allow setting the amount of light required in the room. The solid ones will completely block the light that is ideal for bedrooms. The louvered shutters can be fitted partially letting in little light for comfort.