What are you to expect when you plan a trip to a city with a vast and interesting cultural heritage? Well, you will certainly have a host of really interesting museums to explore and that is exactly what you will find when in Ahmedabad.
There are a lot of interesting things that this city boasts of, which is the museums are on the top of the list! When you plan your trip to this city, first book any 2 star hotels in ahmedabad of your choice and then plan out your itinerary, which should have at least a day dedicated to a visit to all the interesting museums that this city has to offer! Let’s take a look at some of the museums that you ought to visit when in the city:
- Satyagraha Ashram: Also, known as the Gandhi Ashram, this ashram was built by Mahatma Gandhi. It emerged as one of the most important centres when it came to the Indian Freedom Movement. Gandhiji even lived here for quite some time. Today parts of the ashram have been turned into a museum for visitors. You can go there and take look at some of the interesting artefacts of those times and also take a look at the room in which the Mahatma himself lived.
- Calico Museum of Textiles: If you want to take a look at the various types of textiles from different corners of the world, then you should definitely visit this museum. Established in 1949, this museum has textiles collected from different time periods and from different parts of the world. From Dhaka to Kashmir, you will find an unimaginable range of textile samples here. There is a total of 9 halls over which the museum display is spread out. Both machine made as well as hand woven textiles have found their place in the museum.
- Vechaar-Metal Utensils Museum: Do you want to see something really interesting? Then do head out to the Vechaar Metal Utensils Museum from any one of the ahmedabad hotels near station, where you have put up. This is actually a restaurant that has utensils that are more than 1000 years old on display. In fact, such is the variety and interest of this museum that in the year 1986, this entire museum was taken to Russia! And you know what the best part about this museum is? It remains open till late at night.
- Patang– The Kite Museum:Gujarat is known for its kite festival held during the time of Makar Sankranti. In lieu with the spirit of kite flying, this museum was inaugurated in the year 1986. You will find kites from different time periods and from various parts of the world displayed here.
- Auto World Museum: If you harbour an interest in cars, then you should definitely head out to this museum, which is the largest one in India, and undoubtedly, one of the finest in the world. From the vintage Royals Royce to the classic Sedan, you will find everything here!
If you want to make your trip to Ahmedabad complete, then you should definitely visit the museums that his this so proudly harbours.