TATA AIG is one of the most trusted brands in Insurance industry and among many other products, they offer car insurance plans. Insurance plans of TATA-AIG for private cars are designed to meet the various needs for eventualities that might occur during and after any accidents. To make the claims process smooth, TATA AIG has come up with wide range of features in car insurance plan. Their car insurance plan is named ‘Auto Secure’. This plan covers any damage or loss to the car, total salvage value without any deduction, third party liability, Warranty for Auto Restoration while going for a Green Channel Settlement.
Apart from this, TATA AIG hasfive add -on plans to offer. Each of these plans bundles some of the following twelve Add-on features to customize your needs. These are:
- Daily allowances to cover transport expenses when the car is sent for repair to authorised dealers. It covers up to 10 days for damage claims and 15 days for theft or total loss claims
- Providing courtesy or hired car
- Emergency transport and hotel expenses
- Car key replacement
- Engine Secure
- Tyre Secure
- Depreciation re-imbursement
- Return to invoice
- No-Claim bonus protection cover
- Consumable expenses
- Loss of personal belongings
- Repair of glass, plastic, fibre and rubber parts
- Claim process for Car Insurance A Claim can be notified to the company by calling the toll free number: 1-800-119966. This number is reachable any time of the day, 24X7. Otherwise a simple SMS ‘CLAIMS’ could be sent to 5616181 to notify Claims. There is option for e-mail notification by writing about the claim at: email@example.com .
(1) For a Cashless Claim:
- TATA AIG Car Insurance office should be reported as soon as possible through the 24 hours helpline numbers.
- Technical experts from the car insurance company would do a detailed loss evaluation within 48 hours of the incident.
- The company will confirm the amount that they approved as per the TATA AIG Car Insurance policy and subsequently, the settled amount will be directly paid to the approved garage where the damaged car is sent for repairing.
(2) For a Reimbursement Claim:
- Accident or damage has to be notified to TATA AIG by the call through the helpline number, SMS or via anemail.
- A survey will be made by experts for TATA AIG within 48 hours for inspection of damaged vehicle for loss assessment.
- The insured person has to submit the required documents to TATA AIG and the claim will be processed and reimbursed after approval.
- Additional Information about TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim Process
While on road, there is always a possibility of an unforeseen situation and therefore it is advisable to carry the following documents in the car which are very much needed for any eventualities. These documents are:
- Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- The Driving License of the persons in the car who will drive
In case of an accident – The insured should follow the guidelines as mentioned below:
- The person has to first take care of the bodily injuries for driver and passengers in the vehicle
- In case other vehicles are involved in the accident, try noting down the numbers of those vehicles
- Try to collect contact information of the witnesses
- Complete the Claim Information Form
- Contact TATA AIG Car Insurance through their help-line and get help from them
- In case of theft, property damage and bodily injury, you need to file a FIR (First Information Report) with the local police. FIR is not necessary for other cases
Documentation – TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim Process:
- Claim form to be filled
- Driving License of the person who was driving at the time of an accident
- Vehicle Registration certificate
- FIR in certain cases as mentioned above
Role of TATA AIG in processing your claim – In case a claim is filed with TATA AIG, they will:
- Reach the customer within 48 hours
- Guide with the procedure and documentation
- Guide with proper repair in the TATA AIG authorised garages, give estimate about the cost and the extent of repair
- For cashless claims, TATA AIG will directly pay to the garage taking care of excess and depreciation
- As per policy, rubber and plastic items are depreciated at 50% while fibre items at 30%. Other depreciations are as mentioned in the policy document.
In case of death of any person or driver, the insured needs to provide the police report and post mortem report to the TATA AIG car insurance company Insured also needs to forward any summon or court tribunal that is received concerning the accident for any Third Party claim.